Sunday, April 30, 2006

Tram tracks...



I remember them from the last time - Sean reminded me before I left Japan, Richard reminded me the night before...but for some reason, it was my luck to meet them again this trip.

Melbourne streets are covered in tram tracks. And for any cyclist, tram and train tracks can be the death of any good ride...and it was for me too..

Perhaps the pouring down rain should have been an indication that I should stay off the bike...but no...I had to get out there..oh well. I thought I was crossing it straight. I thought my wheel would make it, allas I was wrong...

Its like feeling your front wheel on black ice - the wheel just went out from under me. and in the pouring rain -I went over the top, and landed on my helmet - Damn good and solid. I cracked that magnificently. There I was, laying in the middle of the damn road, thinking to myself "and me knee was just starting to feel better..dammit" - oh well.

so in the end, I have a new really cool cut on my leg from the track, and the usual scuff marks from road rash...

.....sometimes I wonder if I am really cut out for riding a bike...I am not so sure ... :)

No comments: