Sunday, April 02, 2006

It really IS this good!


6 years ago, one Sunday, I went for a ride around Melbourne,Australia and it went down in memory as my most fun ride since chasing my brother on BMX bikes....that was - until today.

Today was one of those days that I just didn't want to stop riding. It held off from raining until I got home, but I was on my bike and around Tokyo for 5 hours on and off. I got lost and somehow found the Equestrian park, where I took in some show jumping. With all the time up in Sonoma and at the barn, it was interesting to see the Japanese jumpers. The riders were no where near as graceful as the jumpers in the US...and the horses where no where near the size. But it reminded me of home.


I ran into a Japanese / Korean festival where I ate a "Mexican" taco - well, that's what they called it -doesn't qualify as anything near tex-mex..but it had guac on it. A rice flour tortilla is not the same..

yeah, and in general, I was just out playing on my bike. I thought about Spain today and wondered if I would have felt differently with my bike...yeah, I am sure of it. But here, the bike is everywhere, so drivers know how to deal with it. As Sean said (the guy who traveled to Morrocco with me and kept me in line) - if I had tried to ride in Madrid, my wheels would have been stolen off the bike WHILE I was riding.

OK..so I am going to stop this now..there is a MAGNIFICENT lightening storm going on - with the skyscrapers around me, its pretty amazing -

Until next time~




No comments: