Saturday, April 01, 2006

Off on the first Adventure!









Wow...So today was my first day here on Tokyo just to play - well, it wouldn't have been, but for some reason, the hand scanner at the office didn't like my hand and I couldn't get into the office at 4 this morning. TOO BAD... :) Now lets compare Spain to Tokyo (in terms of work) - Spain, spy phone, constant wireless access, no badge needed for building during installation. Tokyo - NO spy phone, no access to corporate email, and (evidently) the wrong hand..NICE!



I went out on my first pure cycling, with no timelimit, adventure. And since I wasn't at the office, it started at 6:30 am. You can ride on sidewalks and streets here, but no highways - and they are literally highways (up above the rest of traffic). I was heading out of town when I ran into a guy from Orange county, on his way out to Saitama - he offered to show me the way, and I took him up on the pull. (that's Mark out in front of me)









the cherry blossoms are simply stunning and so graceful. Its amazing to see the entire culture taken in by this - not just adults, or just children, but everyone in between. this is the Tamagawa river that has a bike path on each side... BTW, ALWAYS have a bell - I learned that - I yelled at people to move, tried to make noises, but to no avail....until I got a bell. then is was like the parting of the red sea.

After Mark and I parted ways, I did what I do best...got lost. And in a place where I have yet to find an English map, I was off on an adventure. Along the streets you will find shrines like this one - no apparent reason for it...its just there.








and in the middle of residential areas, you find temples like this.

My morning escapade ended with lunch and a jaunt to the bike shop (I needed a light for some night riding). the bike shop is called Joker Maniac - kinda think that's funny and suits a Jester like me well.

Finally a walk around another park...At first, I thought i
was at Pride in Piedmont Park, but no, its the cherry blossom festival.

No comments: