Friday, April 28, 2006

and then there are days like today.....

April 29 , 2006, 7:39 am, I am being told "g'day mate and welcome to Australia!"...ahhh back in Oz...

I have made the initial toodle around to my favorite part of Melbourne...Brunswick Street...a place where the Haight -Ashbury meets "my two mommies"...little 5 points but wilder - a haven for Ani fans draped in rainbows.... And, as I wandered down the street, past the bike, S&M and clothing shops, tucked over in the corner..there is was...Volare cafe - home of my favorite flat white on Brunswick - so of course I ordered two - you can always hope a guest might show up at your table :)...or you really like them and don't want to wait....

its fall here, so I really am lucky - i will have two falls this year! not a bad thing for someone who loves the season! I didn't have my camera today -will tonight though..goin out with some friends who were responsible for my debauchery the LAST time I was here...

many trips down memory lane to be had here, and I look forward to them -

And for those of you not living in my head...why is the date and time so important? Well, 2 years ago, as this time passed in Cali, I decided to skip the ride with Thing 1, go solo, and kiss the windshield of the SUV..ah yes...that day...don't worry - I won't post photos from that day...

ITs been an incredible couple of years since then, huh? I promised not to get soft today, so a simple thanks to you all ...not a day goes by where I am not thankful to have been given a second chance. The last year has seen my cycling and my career excel -and if all goes according to my master plan, the next year will be even better....

though not racing this year, my bike and I are back on the road and having a ball. we'll have photos tomorrow!!!

ok..off to have some wine!

Ciao--wait no..sayon--no....how about...
cheers mate!

No comments: