Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ode to the Little Prince....



It is no wonder he ended up in so many places ....I guess if you spend your journey pondering the true matters of consequence, your journey ends up taking you to different destinations....

(....that is a really philosphical way of saying that I wasn't paying attention today and have NO idea where I was....)

I have a new way of riding...I find ONE road I can get to (usually either the one in front of my hotel, or the one in front of Starbucks) and I just go - turning down random streets along the way..and now, I am getting better about knowing the various city names around, so when I end up lost, I can usually head in the right direction...


As I rode home today, and the sun was setting, I thought to myself "self, it doesn't matter if I get back after dark! You were smart and put the lamp on the bike!"....and then I rode over the train tracks and watched as the lamp came crashing down on the pavement. Brilliant. Luckily, I did know where I was....but it was dark when I got home...thank goodness I had my tail light... :)

Tomorrow is a ride down to the big open air market to see what I can find for Ian...

And....since I have NO idea about what is going on with western religions over here...I know there are four day holidays in Europe starting with "good Friday" - probably means Peter Cottontail is on his way, so

HAPPY EASTER from Japan!

No comments: