Friday, December 19, 2008

what a week!!



wow..it sure is nice to be home this Friday afternoon - sipping a well-earned glass of wine. This has been a bizarre week - luckily, its calmed down for me. The majority of the courseware is done, my boss is headed over seas for a few weeks, and next week, Mia gets to see what Santa brought.

But as I sit here, sipping a fine Pinot - playing hooky from my training ride (because I CAN!), I gotta say -President - Elect Mr. Obama - I am mortified by your choice of reverends for your inauguration.

For just a moment- let's set aside that we queers rallied behind you, and took you on your word. Let's forgo - for a moment - the fact that Tif and I aren't really sure if we will remain married (don't roll your eyes ...we all thought "NO on Prop 8" would win, so I don't want to hear it) - For a moment, lets rally behind the call of Unity..reaching out to the other side - I am not sure if Bill White has a facebook page, but maybe you could call him to join the inauguration? I mean - afterall - it is the same, isn't it? Rick Warren says I don't deserve rights in my Constitution..just like Bill feels about you..so how is it different?

As I sit here, typing this, I am reading that the YES on PROP 8 folks have entered a motion in the California Supreme Court to have my marriage nullified. Awesome...does that mean I get a refund on the ceremony? The marriage certificate at least? What about me scares them so much?

I am nervous - I don't deny it. There are several pastors that scare me...but I can deal with. Jesse Jackson? he would have been a good one..hell! My mom's baptist preacher would have been ok - he thinks I'm evil, but he hasn't called me the names that Rick has. So..President-Elect What will be the next compromise as you reach across for Unity? Will we continually wait until its a "good time" for you to stand up for our rights? I just want to believe what you told us. I have hope - please don't make me regret it. This isn't some trite issue...this is really serious to me, and my family. This divided our families..there are those of us that lost family members over this vote.


OK..off my soapbox. Glad to see my ankle is healing. I am SO ready for Peak Season this weekend. Thank goodness I am racing my bike this weekend..lets hope I can keep my Form!!!!

Until next time..keep the rubberside down.

No comments: