Friday, May 12, 2006

...and so another adventure comes to a close....



yep..that's right - today is the day I get into 11A, or 22J and sleep for 10 hours and end up in Friday 8 hours earlier than when I left. I have a little issue with having 2 fridays that I have to work, but I will get over it. I always wanted to add a few hours to my 24 hour day.

So, in my deep reflection, waiting for my last meeting here in Japan (and other wise ignoring the need to pack), I have to say this trip was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Remember how much I didn't want to come over here? wow. time had flown! what a way to spend the waning days of my 37th year (that too was painful to write)..

and in my constant quest to improve diplomatic relations (since my government can't seem to) where ever I go, I thought I would share some of my major achievements this trip~

1. the Starbucks in Shinjuku now understand what a quad latte is.
2. I was able to convince my hotel to serve oatmeal for breakfast one day - instead of pasta salad 3. I learned how to bow like nobody's business
4. I taught a few folks to say "easy tiger"

5. I tried morning stretching with large numbers of elderly folks - until they put me to shame
6. There was no cursing (and hence no cavity search) with Autralian customs
7. My bike now proudly carries Japanese and Australian flags.
8. I learned to drink hot coffee out of a can
9. I never tried to embarrass myself by speaking Japanese
10. the apple lady learned to say my name ..but I could never understand hers.
11. I am more familiar with the tokyo sunrise than sunset.


and as my last adventure in Japan this trip...I walked proudly through the skyscrapers of Shinjuku with a sleeveless shirt....my tattoos were proud.

thanks to all of you for keeping me company this trip. I am in the US for a few days before vacation, and then home for a few weeks it seems..(may need to work on that). so for now, I will be tucking the blog away until the next great adventure.

ciao!

No comments: